Wednesday, March 24, 2010

versatility and layers

I've been thinking about writing a post about versatile, layered looks that can take you to many different things throughout the day for a while now and here it is:

During the day: breakfast with friends, comfy for schoolwork at home, water proof on my feet for a rainy day,  acceptable for work, cute enough for relaxing with friends in the evening. 

Underneath the layers is just basic black leggings and a white t-shirt - perfect for dance rehearsal. 

Later, an added apron for cupcake baking! (To be fair, I took the ivory sweater off for chocolate-frosting-making because I like my white sweaters to stay white without chocolate spots...)

So the key in versatile take-you-anywhere layering is to always wear basics underneath - leggings, plain colored tank tops, etc. The other semi-essential piece is to buy comfortable clothing that you really won't mind wearing all day. The skirt I'm wearing in these pictures is spandex, but it's layered and styled so it looks nice but is as comfortable as sweatpants. Spending the time, and sometimes money, to find nice clothes that are still comfortable is very very much worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment