Tuesday, July 12, 2011

black, white & gold



Here's a story about me and Marshall's. I went there once to return something and meandered over to the purses, where I found a gorgeous leather tote bag with a long gold chain handle. It cost $200 and I bought it. About an hour later I realized I was crazy for spending that much on something when I had just bought new tires (ugh) and am trying to save money. So I went back to Marshall's to return the bag and meandered into the dress department, where I found this dress. It cost $19.99 and I bought it. And I'm keeping it.





I felt kind of French and kind of chic in this outfit, although I also felt kind of scandalous wearing an over-the-knee skirt to work. In a place where 90% of the women wear black pants every day, I like standing out. And knees? They stand out. (Actually, I don't know if anyone even cared, by in my mind I pretended they thought, "oh she's so young so she can wear such a short skirt and it's OK.")

Sidenote, this is one of my favorite necklaces of all time. Got in at H&M in London 2 years ago and I feel like it's kind of Harry Potter-ish. Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm going to the midnight showing of the FINAL movie on Thursday, oh my gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment